Saturday 13 December 2008

Committed (Justgiving page)

The day I heard that I had a place in the London Marathon I had eaten my usual breakfast of wholemeal toast with 4 squares of dark chocolate, I had devoured a cherry bakewell & milk (soya) for elevenses and mushy peas and chips for lunch.

I heard the big news and set off to see how fit I was, setting my iPhone GPS thingy to MapMyRun and stop me getting lost.

I got lost. But by virtue of going the unplanned long way round, managed 10 miles!

And I only vomited the chips!

Next day, couldn't walk. At least, only very slowly and on even terrain.
I couldn't run again for 5 days. And considered my training plan.
 26.2 miles is a loooooooong way...

5 weeks on I am kitted out in highly attractive breathable fabric the cupboards are stocked with isotonic drinks and slow releasing carbs, and I have a number of foolproof routes which follow the River Thames (God help the toddler/putney toff/illegal cyclist who gets in my path of a sunday morning), and am still terrified but buzzing with it!

SO, I will pursue, I will embarrass myself in lycra tights, I will train even with a hangover, and in the rain, and I might even give up smoking...All I am asking of you is to forget the recession and SPONSOR ME!!
I am running for Richard House, which is a Children's Hospice in East London. It provides care and support for life-limited and life-threatened children and their families, creating positive experiences which become good memories for the future. All of their services are provided free of charge, which means they need to raise £1.8 million in voluntary donations every year. My target is to raise the grand sum of £1800.

Please go to www.richardhouse.org.uk for more information.

So, watch this space for training updates. And look out for a red faced, day-glo cycling jacket clad, snotty, sweaty, but very happy jogger when you are strolling along the river bank, I always welcome a chance to stop! See blurb below on how this site works and then give those kids your cash!

Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment