Sunday 11 January 2009

NEARLY half way!

HB to PB back to Kew B (12.5 miles!), 1h 54m 31s.

It wasn't easy! Relaxing sunday radio helped (until my battery died). Then I relied on positive thoughts: memories of jogging along the beach in Costa Rica last january, what food I will treat myself to when I get back, fitting into my new bargain skinny Diesels, and imagining the big day! Then I will have to run more than double this distance! But my family and friends and thousands of strangers will be cheering me on, it's gonna be amazing! 

It was a lovely sunny sunday, sailors and rowers out in force but not getting in my way and annoying me today, I was just chilled. Nice joggers too, smiling in camaraderie.

Had to sprint home as I had a celebratory thai massage booked, really achey now. Need to get a water bottle to run with.

The main event feels achievable now. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment