Wednesday 7 January 2009

New trainer debut

HB to CB, via road (6.6m) in 1h 23s.

I went to The Sweat Shop to get kitted out with proper trainers on monday. After a pretty thorough fitting I left the shop with some bright white Sauconys (the exotic, unfamiliar name convinced me of their 'shoe for the serious runner' pedigree.)

Within 20 minutes of their debut my knees were aching again, by the time I was on the cobbles of Barnes towpath (the danger zone), there was proper shooting pain. Damn it. I was scared of injury of course, grateful I had worn knee supports, and pissed off that the experts hadn't given me the right shoes, will I even be able to get any money back after I've worn them outside?? Why didn't I just buy another pair of my trusty Asics- I had taken both of my old pairs of trainers but the fitter hadn't looked at them. 

Another angry and tense run with lots of stops. Breathing was a bit better though. Gonna have to sweet talk them into an exchange...


No comments:

Post a Comment