Monday 19 January 2009

New trainer success!

Oxfam-PB (8m), 1h 15m

Was really up for it today, hadn't run for 5 days and finished early at the studio, so could squeeze this one in. Was getting dark though so did the woody and puddley south side first. 

Sprinted to the river, then my bra pings apart. It has removable straps! How ridiculous, anyone who can be bothered to change the format of their sports bra to suit a halterneck top, well...The less attractive the gear, the more serious the runner (the excuse for my trampish outfit). I cross the road to avoid comparison with the hair-straightened, strictly-no-vpl hipsters of the Sweaty Betty brigade.

Anyway, with the help of a passing friend I was strapped back in and flying! Managed to swap my trainers (big fan of Sweatshop now), and needed to rebel against a horrible 30 minutes on a treadmill to test them out (gyms-yuck). New Asics GT 2 series feels like running on air, glorious.



No comments:

Post a Comment