Saturday 14 February 2009

Valentine's warm-up

HB-KB (via Stagecoach Kew to retrieve my watch), 8.5m

Having to wait for a potential purchase on ebay to mature (a wooden clarinet, I lost it to a professional, boo) was a convenient excuse to maintain my 'not before midday' jogging policy. I was also a bit tired after last night's thai curry and wine, and bruised from falling off my bike on the way to work yesterday (I winded myself by cleverly breaking my fall on my fist, and bruised my left leg and knee. I was on the scout for potentially liable 4x4 drivers but had to confess it was just me and the pavement to blame..)

I was determined to do a gentle run in the warm up to my first race tomorrow- the Dover Mercury Half Marathon. My knee seemed ok, the odd wobbly bruised bit of shin and sore shoulder was only a little distracting, I decided it wasn't going to impede my debut on the prestigious race circuit of Kent, but would equally serve as a convenient excuse if I came last..

Listened to comedy on the radio which is not great for one's breathing technique. Was laughing too much and I nearly fell over, had to tune into Heart in its element on Valentine's day.


No comments:

Post a Comment