Tuesday 17 February 2009

Focused and fast

HB-PB (8m, southside first), 1h 07m 25s. 12˚C

Completely inspired by sunday (it was a struggle to enforce the prescribed Rest Day yesterday despite my sore bottom muscles) I went on a speed mission. I have never been keen on sprinting but invigorated today, every time I felt myself slowing I just pitched a little further forward until it became the norm, but still an effort. It's time to get serious now. No more plodding along every run, counting miles but not really being concerned by speed. Today I was pounding. And overtaking! Compared to the Kent Elite, these Thames-side runners are wimps!

I read that Paula Radcliffe's favourite running theme track was Kanye West so I put on Late Registration, and my old trainers on a whim. No need for a hat today, and before I got to HB I had to strip off my fleece too. It's so much nicer without layers! Hmmm, looking forward to the warmer days and lighter nights coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment