Thursday 9 April 2009

Facebook plea

Hello facebook friends!

Some of you will have noticed the running theme (running, that is) to my facebook status, and some of you will have ignored my barrage of begging emails, some of you will have been bored to tears with tales of training, and some of you will have completely missed the fact that I am running the London Marathon on 26th april this year.

I have not been the most active of facebookers, and am the first to delete any request to return a snowball, buy a cocktail or join a campaigning group to bring back hanging or whatever.

I am sure I have also ignored similar requests to this one. All I can say is sorry, and that I promise to donate to the neglected cause as soon as you remind me how...

My cause is the amazing Richard House Children's Hospice. I have raised a whopping £1200 so far, but with 3 weeks to go, I have £600 yet to beg/borrow/steal.

I wondered if you, lovely facebook friends, many of whom I have not seen since we were all chanting hail marys in kilts, could find the time to sponsor me £2. That is the minimum donation, and one I don't feel too cheeky about requesting....I hope you agree! If 100 friends gave me £2, I would be so much closer to my target!

I know we are all busy and stressed and skint, and there are a million reasons not to visit www.justgiving.com/katerawson right now. You may not even like me and just became my friend to boost your numbers or laugh at how I never grew into my ears, but at the risk of sounding like those daytime TV ads, your £2 will make all the difference to the kids at Richard House.

PLEASE please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease sponsor me now!

(if you have any problems with justgiving-a few have been reported- let me know and I can sort out an alternative)

THANK YOU! And if you are in London on the 26th, let me know!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment