Sunday 12 April 2009

Success at speed at last!

Ravenscourt Park again, camera crew in tow.

I woke up dreaming of sprinting. Definitely a call to my trainers.
This time I took Matt to document my struggles, because I want to make a wee film to say thank you to all my sponsors. So the pressure was on. There would be proof that I had merely jogged, or that I had stopped my watch a good 50 metres short of my starting point (it's true, I have been guilty of deluding myself in this way, to what end I do not know. What other fibs do I happily concoct and believe about myself?)

So, I bust a gut and properly RAN all the way around the route the full 3 times...and felt GREAT! Momentum was my friend and I embraced her. I didn't manage to speed up on each round (as Haruki Muriaki- an avid long distance runner and my current author of choice- always claims to), but I honestly pushed myself for the whole circuit.

Also, my legs felt no ache from yesterday, a good sign of their fitness. I cling on to all good signs now!

Warm up: 11m 09s
Lap 1: 5m 12s (+2m 33s)
Lap 2: 5m 14s (+2m 12s)
Lap 3: 5m 19s
Warm down: 12m 30s

No comments:

Post a Comment