Tuesday 14 April 2009

socks and sick

15mins ER, 20mins MP(?), 6 x 60s sprint w/ 60s walk recovery, 20mins ER home to collapse...

Set off at 9.45, the time I will start my long journey to cross the starting line of the London Marathon a week on sunday.

I greased up my feet to see if it helped my socks stay in place, but it didn't really. 

I have a sock quandry. The flattering short ones only stay in place when wearing my older trainers, or just the right sock behaves in my new trainers. I don't want to have to resort to the practical bunch-on-the-ankle ones because I am being vain. I do not have wedding photos, because I am not married, but if I did the photos from the marathon would take precedence over them. I will treasure this experience forever. Some people get fake tans and roots done and even wear make-up! I just don't want my legs looking any stumpier than is absolutely necessary.

I had a messy and nervous run to the river and had to drop something off to Matt too, I shunned the lift for a jog up 4 flights of stairs and hurt my left quad (is that the big leg muscle on the front of my thigh?) I carried on regardless, but it is killing now.

The sprints were really hard. I did them on a straight quiet bit beyond HB. I felt sick and faint after the 4th so took the 5th easy and delayed the 6th. They really injected energy into my jog home though.

No comments:

Post a Comment