Saturday 11 April 2009

Ok, one more long run

PB-KB and beyond a bit, just under 15 miles, 2h 20m

I have read a gazillion different 'taper' schedules and running plans for the my last month of training, and I suppose I am panicking a bit. Is just one 20 mile race enough to get me through 26.2? 

I made this run was really easy, I slowed myself right down to 'conversation pace' and listened to political debate on radio 4. No stress whatsoever, a nice antidote to the Paddock Wood race. 

It was raining a bit, 10 degrees, I got a little cold but these are the conditions I am willing for the 26th. 

And I managed to haul my ass out of bed before 8 am so I could get accustomed to morning running finally. After spending 8 hours of Good Friday in the pub (all strength not reserved for running went on restricting my alcohol intake to a glass of dry white and half a hoegarden) the early morning was quite a feat, but I did feel like I could have nodded off on the side of the road for the first few miles . It's amazing how once you warm-up and get over those niggles, my body just seems to know what to do!

All very practical now- tried out the Tropical flavour Go Gel, which was very weak in flavour but still made me feel a bit sick, so much better than lucozade ones though. Must make sure I take them with water. Have decided I will carry in my belt 4 x gels (start taking after one hr), half a packet of wine gums to top up my carb intake, and a raspberry nutrigrain for if my tummy gets to the rumbling stage, but I need a hot weather alternative, like gazpacho and a beer.....Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelly hope it isn't hot. It's too early to check weather predictions and take them seriously though I am tempted..

No comments:

Post a Comment